olive oil spray
1 yellow or white onion, chopped
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
6 cloves garlic, minced
¾ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
½ tablespoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
6 cups vegetable broth (I use Massel)
2 ½ lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
vegan yogurt and pistachios, for topping (optional)
1. Spray saucepan with olive oil and add the chopped onion. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the quinoa, garlic, sea salt, curry powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add in vegetable broth and squash and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and cover. Cook for 35 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for 5-6 minutes.
5. After 5 min remove lid and allow to cool slightly.
6. Puree in batches in your Ninja blender.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with coconut yogurt or chopped pistachios if desired.
Total time: 1 hour