So, you like Pina Colada but you don’t drink alcohol? Here is a solution to your problems. Non-Alcoholic Pina Colada Smoothie.
- 1 small pineapple or 1/2 a medium pineapple
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- pinch nutmeg as optional garnish
- Cut off the top of the pineapple with the leaves and slice the pineapple in half, then cut away the outer rind and if the core is hard, then cut it away also. Sometimes when the pineapple is very ripe, the inner core can be sued as well.
- Cut the pineapple into bite sized pieces so it is easier for the blender to puree.
- Then repeat this for the other half of the pineapple if it is a small one.
- Place the pineapple in a blender.
- Add the pineapple juice and coconut milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Taste the smoothie. We prefer smoothies that are not overly sweet, so it was fine this way. If you wish a sweeter smoothie you could add a bit of agave syrup.
- We sprinkled the top of the smoothies with just a touch of nutmeg.
Note: You can also add ice, it’s really up to you and what time of year it is. If it’s cold outside maybe is better to prepare it without ice. Blend this ninja blender recipe and enjoy!