What is Sofrito? Sofrito is a Spanish name for a mix of vegetables which we can find in many Spanish and Latin American dishes. There are many versions of this recipe but main infredients are green and red peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro…
– 2 LARGE ONION (YOUR SELECTION)
– GREEN PEPPER AND RED PEPPER, 2 CUPS.
– BLACK PEPPER
– 1 CUP CILANTO CHOPPED
– 3 TSP OREGANO
– 5 CLOVES LARGE GARLIC CHOPPED
– 1/2 CUP OLIVE OIL.
– 3 TSP CIDER VINEGAR.
– 1 CUP OF CELERY CHOPPED
– 2 SMALL HOT PEPPER WITHOUT THE SEEDS
1. Rinse out peppers, cilantro,celery.
2. Cut all ingredients into chunks. Remove the seeds from the Green and Red Peppers
3. Add two tablespoon of olive oil in the blender. This is to make the blender easy to puree with all the spices/vegetables.
4. Add all ingredients in the blender if it doesn’t fit all add in small portions.
5. Puree all the ingredients and then pour in a big mix bowl.
6. Keep repeating step 3 and 4 until you are finish pureeing all ingredients.
7. From the mixing bowl, pour sofrito in plastic containers with lids keep one container in the refrigerator and the rest in your freezer.
You can use this to make soups, rice, any kind of meat…
Hope you’ll enjoy in your Latin American dishes…