With the antioxidant characteristic of these ingredients, nothin’s gettin’ the better of you! You may enjoy this booster in summer with a little sweetener and omit the trio of orange zest, cinnamon, and ginger. But, these smoothie taste absolutely incredible with the berries. The açaí and maqui are optional but provide an invaluable boost, and I always include them in this ninja blender recipe.
- ½ cup (120ml) coconut water
- ½ teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1 packet (3.5 ounces/100g) frozen açaí pulp, or 2 tablespoons dried açaí powder (optional; see note, below)
- 2 teaspoons maqui powder (optional; see note, below)
- 2 cups (320g) mixed fresh or frozen berries (½ cup each of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- ½ cup (85g) red seedless grapes
- 1 ripe pear, skin on, cored and diced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange zest (optional)
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- 1 chopped pitted date, soaked, plus more to taste
Throw everything into your Ninja blender and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the sweetness to taste.
Why maqui berries?
Maqui berries deliver the highest load of antioxidants among all fruits that have been measured. Maqui powder, still a niche ingredient, is typically available online and at select health food stores (BUY NOW). The powder has a very mild flavor and does not alter the taste of this blend, so simply omit it if you don’t have it. Açaí powder, on the other hand, is widely available, but feel free to omit it as well if you don’t have any.