This ninja blender recipe tastes like ice cream and is a protein powerful containing spinach, almond butter, and hemp seeds. Pears pair fantastic with the earthiness of the other ingredients, and ginger gives extra feeling.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond or hemp milk (strained if homemade)
- ½ teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder (hemp, rice, or other)
- 3 ripe pears, skin on, cored and diced
- 2 cups (86g) firmly packed baby spinach
- ½ banana
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter (not peanut butter; it’s overpowering)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon shelled hemp seeds
- Pinch of natural salt
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- 1 date, pitted and soaked
Throw everything into your Ninja blender and blast on high speed for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak lime juice to taste.
Protein Powder Tips:
The easiest way to incorporate protein powder into your routine is to blend it into a smoothie. Look for products composed of organic, raw, sprouted ingredients and made without additives, preservatives, or sweeteners. I find that with all protein powders, as regards flavor and texture, less is more. I
start with 1 teaspoon and add gradually.