2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
4 medium zucchini, diced
1/4 cup almond butter
4 cups (I quart) reduced sodium vegetable broth
2 cups watercress, stems removed and chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 6 minutes, until translucent. Add the zucchini and saute another 3 minutes.
2. Add the almond butter and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
3. Add the watercress and cook for 3 more minutes, then turn off the heat. Allow the cool slightly and transfer the mixture to your Ninja blender and add about 1 cup of vegetable broth.
4. Puree on high for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Total time: 25 min